Alright folks, this one is an out of the park, no questions asked, bing bang boom dish that will knock your socks off at any time of the day..
Giardiniera pizza rolls, because we all need meat, cheese, and bread in our lives.
- 1 quater inch slice of red onion
- 1 quater inch slice of white onion
- 3 small red bell peppers.. I got mine out of my garden after over a year of growing these bad boys. San Diego cant hang when it comes to growing veggies other than tomatoes and peppers
- a teaspoon and a half of minced garlic
- half a can of pickeled black olives
- two dashes of tarragon vinegar
- salt and pepper to season
- grounf basil and oregano to season
Throw all that jazz in a food processor with the addition of parmeasano regiano and a little olove oil to make the perfect rough chopped spread.
Be aware, the smell will make you tear up from the fresh onion and garlic.. This dish will literally make you cry folks
For the Dough:
pre mix warm water and yeast in a bowl. I eye everything, so roughly a half cup of water to a tablespoon of yeast.
- add a quarter cup of whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of melted butter
- a dash of cane sugar
- a dash of salt and pepper accordingly
- a dash of cayenne
- 2-4 cups of flour depending on how quick your dough forms
Once youve let the dough sit for roughly 4 hours to rise, roll it out to a recatangle that reaches an equal layer of about 3-4cm thick.
Spread giardiniera mix onto dough, top with an even sprinkle of Costco’s Italian Style Meatballs, chopped into small cubes in an even layer. Top with a mix of italian cheese and a cheddar/jack mix.
Roll sheet into a Jelly style roll before chopping into 1/2-1 inch rolls. place on parchment sheet on a tray and cook for 30 min at 375, spraying olive oil onto rolls halfway through.
serve with your choice of sauce.. feautured is Panera’s Balsamic dressing, and it’s ABSOLUTELY perfect!